dinsdag 19 mei 2009

Texas is the reason the president is dead


Being a big fan of emobands such as there are Falling Forward, Jimmy Eat World or Samiam I was told to check out Texas Is The Reason (TITR). Lucky as I am I was able to trade a Poison The Well - You Come Before You agianst TITR - Do You Know Who You Are? (What up B!)
TITR is an emo band from NYC. The name "Texas Is the Reason" is lifted from a Misfits song, entitled "Bullet". It also makes reference to a conspiracy theory about the assassination of John F. Kennedy, in which the president was killed in a plot arranged by Texas Democrats in order to give Lyndon B. Johnson control of the White House.
As I don't believe in coincidence but only in logic, it didn't surprise me TITR was formed by Shelter guitarist Norm Arenas. Having listened to Shelter for almost an entire week in quite a while, it was kinda cool to me to discover TITR in the same week. If you don't know Shelter check out "Mantra" to begin with. Love that band! Ok, but back to emo. Next band I wanna check out in this genre is gonna be Renee Heartfelt and I also downloaded Somithing Corperate - Leaving through the window out of nostalgia. I loved this record when I was younger and it's still kinda cool to me, but I don't know if I would still like it if I discovered it today... Who knows?
Tomorrow I'm gonna watch Terror and Trapped Under Ice perform in Aachen, Germany! Get siked and peace out!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten