donderdag 6 augustus 2009

LIFE

Last weeks life has been quite good to me. Lots of quality hang-outs, shows (some better than others), sushi, The Wire, mussels, Secrets of the World and Air Jordan III True Blue.

While I'm sick let me give you an update about what's been up:

Last thing I mentioned during my ramblings was that Crank movie. Earlier that week I catched The Mongloïds in Mol. Decent show, good location, nice hang-out. Copped a Mongloids tee. The one with the J's.

Next up was the Cold World weekend. Like I mentioned earlier Wilkes-barre's hardcore outfit Cold World came over to play three shows in Germany. I missed out on the first in Hamburg, but managed to tag along for the following two. Second was in Essen. Don't like the location that much, but the atmosphere was good that day (although it seemed right-wing skins where starting some ruckus outside). One of the highlights that day was the unnanounced Justice set right before Cold World. Other noteable bands playing where True Colors, Rhythm To The Madness & Dirty Money. Here's a vid shot at that show.

Last of the three shows was in Rosswein. Verry cool venue. Hard-ass show. Too bad there wasn't any Coca-Cola in the wide surroundings. Saw RTTM, True Colors, Dirty Money & Cold World kill it for the second night in a row. Shit was loud. Good hangouts too. Hands down one of the best weekends ever. Special thanks to my friends in RTTM, True Colors and Cold World and all other friends during this weekend for making this possible.

In the weekends after I headed out to Rock Herck & Moshvalley Fest(Maasmechelen). Both shows had kinda the same vibe. Like this festival vibe I don't wholely digg, but hey hangouts where good so I ain't gonna complain.

Rock Herck is this free two-day festival in Herck-De-Stad. I only went down the second day of the fest. Drove out with my boy Kevin and his girl Sanne. Lots of bands playing that day. Checked out Shipwreck, Rise&Fall and Have Heart (still on tour). Ate some decent lasagna in the town center. Lots of familiar faces. A good day, but kinda weird setting. All in all a good day.


Moshvalley the week after was kinda the same. Two-day hardcore fest, again in a forrest. Kinda bummed being an urban m*therf*cker myself. Again also lots of band playing. Checked out Rise&Fall and True Colors. This was one of the last shows of the Rise&Fall/Have Heart/Shipwreck-tour. It also turned out I'm not the best singer in the world.

In between these two shows, I also managed to catch NYHC legends Murphy's Law and Cro-mags. Saw Cro-mags I while back in TRIX, Antwerp too. The crowd was like really weird, but both bands put on a good show. Caught in the mayhem during Murphy's Law, I managed to get in a safe zone during Cro-mags, being able to enjoy the show without worrying about getting beer spilled on me.

That's whats up for now. Gonna rest a bit, hope I'm fully recovered on friday for DYS, True Colors and Soul Control and HEAT afterwards.

Peace!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten